Genetic Counseling at the MGZ - Medical Genetics Center
The MGZ offers a number of genetic counseling options to serve the needs of both clinicians and patients. Our team of genetic specialists is available for both face-to-face consultations in our Munich location as well as remote consultations via telephone or video conferencing.
Our team of medical geneticists provides genetic counseling in the following clinical areas:
- Brain Malformations / Neuronal Migration Disorders
- Coagulation / Hematology
- Eye Diseases
- Heart Diseases
- Hepatic and Pancreatic Diseases
- Hereditary Cancer Syndromes
- Mental Retardation and Dysmorphology
- Metabolic Diseases
- Nephrology, Endocrinology, and Electrolyte Disorders
- Neurogenetic Disorders
- Neuromuscular Disorders
- Pulmonary Diseases
- Severe Recessive Childhood Diseases / Carrier Screening
- Vascular and Connective Tissue Disorders
These services are currently available in English and German.
Genetic Consultation Services for Clinicians
Our experienced and multi-disciplinary medical team is available to assist clinicians with specific patient cases whether a genetic analysis is a possibility or has already been performed. Prior to a genetic analysis, we can work with clinicians to work out a patient-specific diagnostic and possible treatment or management strategy. If an analysis has been performed, our specialists can review the results and suggest additional testing options, which may be beneficial.
The following consultation options are available to clinicians:
- Clinician to Clinician (peer-to-peer support)
- Local Clinician to Patient, supported by an MGZ Clinical Geneticist
For more information about these services, or if you are interested in the option of regular consultations with our team of specialists, please contact us at email@example.com.
Genetic Counseling Services for Patients
For patients interested in genetic counseling, our genetic counseling services are available at our Munich location or can also be arranged remotely via telephone or video conferencing.
- MGZ Medical Geneticist to Patient (face-to-face, Munich, Germany)
- Attending Clinician to Patient, supported by an MGZ Medical Geneticist (telephone or video conference)
For more information about these services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about genetic counseling, what a genetic consultation includes, and reasons for genetic counseling, click here.
- Monday-Thursday: 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Fridays: 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Other appointments by special arrangement only.
To book an appointment with one of our clinicians, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or contact us during our consultation hours by calling +49 (0)89/30 90 886-0.